Τετάρτη 23 Μαΐου 2012

Holy Russian Elder Isidore of Gesthemane Hermitage


I. Leaflets  which  Fr.Isidore  handed  out.


A prayer, composed by Gogol, to the blessed Virgin. Fr Isidore loved to recite this prayer. It is not to be found in the Complete  Collection of the Works of  N.V.Gogol, yet according  to Fr Isidore it was printed  in Russian Archive, 1899, Book 8, by A.A.Tretyakov, and in the Moscow  Gazette, 1909, No 65.  Fr Isidore himself learned  it  from  his own  brother, who was a valet in the home of counts A.,P. and A.G. Tolstoy (Moscow, Nikitsky Blvd., presently the home of the Katkovs), where Gogol lived the last years of his life and died.

“No one who comes to Thee will ever depart from  Thee still feeling  deprived,
Most Pure Virgin Mother of God,
but will ask  for  grace  and  will receive  this gift  upon  a  worthy  petition”.
Holy Mother, pure and blessed,
To thee I  dare my  voice  to  raise.
My  face  with tears  is  washed, caressed:
Attend  the  words my heart  conveys,
Save  me  from  misfortune, wrath,
Fill  my  heart  with  sweet  contrition
And  set  me  on  salvation’s  path.
May I be free, with Thy direction,
And  be  prepared  to give  up all.
Through bitter  times,  be  my  protection –
My death  from  utter  grief  forestall.
Thou  refuge  for  all those  in  need,
Our  intercessor  with  the Lord! –
O, shelter  me  when  all  pay  heed
And  judgement  strikes  all like  a  sword,
When  ageless  breaks  into  time,
The  final  trumpet  wakes  the  dead,
And  burdens  of  my  every  crime
From  books  of  conscience  shall  be  read.
Truth’s  wall Thou  art, its  vindication!
With  all my  soul  I  pray  to  Thee:
Save me, O  my consolation,
And  with Thy love  encompass me!
From the book  "Salt of the Earth"
By  St  Paul  Florensky


Υάκινθος

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου