Δευτέρα 10 Δεκεμβρίου 2012

Real worship

 
Worship to me means a relationship. I used not to be a believer, then one day I discovered God and immediately he appeared to me to be the supreme value and the total meaning of life, but at the same time a person. I think that worship can mean nothing at all to someone for whom there is no object of worship. You cannot teach worship to someone who has not got a sense of the living god. You can teach him to act as if he believed, but it will not be the spontaneous attitude which is real worship.

Therefore, (as a foreword to this book on prayer), what I would like to convey is my certitude is the personal reality of a God with whom a relationship can be established.

One of the reasons why communal worship or private prayer seems to be so dead or so conventional, is that the act of worship, which takes place in the heart communing with God, is too often missing. Every expression, either verbal or in action, may help, but they are only expressions of what is essential, namely, a deep silence of communion.[...]

From the book "Creative Prayer"
by Metropolitan Anthony(Bloom) of Sourozh

Υάκινθος

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου