Σάββατο 29 Αυγούστου 2015

" Save me, O my consolation..."


“No one who comes to Thee
will ever depart fromThee still feeling deprived
Most Pure Virgin Mother of God,
but will ask for grace
and will receive this gift upon a worthy petition”.

 
Holy Mother, pure and blessed,
 
To thee I dare my voice to raise.
 
My face with tears is washed, caressed:
 
Attend the words my heart conveys,
 
Save me from misfortune, wrath,
 
Fill my heart with sweet contrition
 
And set me on salvation’s path.
 
May I be free, with Thy direction,
 
And be prepared to give up all.
 
Through bitter times, be my protection –
 
My death from utter grief forestall.
 
Thou refuge for all those in need,
 
Our intercessor with the Lord! –
 
O, shelter me when all pay heed
 
And judgement strikes all like a sword,
 
When ageless breaks into time,
 
The final trumpet wakes the dead,
 
And burdens of my every crime
 
From books of conscience shall be read.
 
Truth’s wall Thou art, its vindication!
 
With all my soul I pray toThee:
 
Save me, O my consolation,
 
And with Thy love encompass me!



A prayer, composed by Gogol, to the blessed Virgin.
Holy Russian Elder Isidore of Gesthemane Hermitage
loved to recite this prayer.

From the book"Salt of the Earth"
By St Paul Florensky


Yakinthos



Άξιον Εστίν - Πατριαρχικόν
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου